Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Four Under Five on Vacation Part III

I am amazed at how much the simple things in life totally entertain my kids.  

A plastic cup and a running hose can keep my two year old son happy for at least an hour, given his sisters leave him alone.  A pad of paper with crayons will keep my oldest humming away pleasantly as drawing after drawing is created.   My number two daughter is pretty much satisfied with life if her pink blankie and big sister are within grabbing distance.  And my youngest daughter will do pretty much anything for her Grandma Donna and a sippy of cold juice.  That really is what makes them content with life.  

So imagine these kids in a beautiful park with fountains, a huge koi pond, botanical gardens, museums, musicians, hidden walkways, art exhibits, the works.  

Out of all of these amazing things to view and enjoy, what grabbed my kids' attentions?

Stairs.





E chose to dance around from level to level.





The babies decided to run up and down while laughing hysterically at the wonder of these amazing technological advancements.  STAIRS!  WOO-HOO!





Cubby scooted her way around and around at the bottom for a while.  Then she discovered how much more fun it was to carry the scooter to the top, then glide down the grass embankment.  It was poetry in motion.






Finally, and I mean twenty-five minutes later or so of 100% stair action, they discovered the fountain which stood maybe fifteen feet away from the stairs.  J.D. struck a handsome pose.





E happily watched the water sift through her hands.





And Little G splashety-splashed.






Stairs and a beautiful fountain made my kids' day.  This is definitely another one of those perks of having four kids under five.  They are all so close in age that they can truly appreciate the same experiences at the same moment in time.  I thank God I don't have a teenager also in this photo, rolling their eyes at me, begging to leave this park so they can go hang out with their friends.  Ahh.  For me, splashing around in a fountain and galloping up stairs is exactly where my little family belongs.

No comments: