Saturday, January 22, 2011

A New Year, A New Blog Title

Hello again!  Oh, how I have missed the emotional outlet of this little blog.  I have been so busy these last few months that I gave up blogging.  And I have missed this blank page upon which to pour out the sweet/funny/crazy portions of my life. 

So here is where my family is today.  

In my blogging absence the Walker family (and the entire world, for that matter), not only entered a new year, but since my oldest daughter celebrated her sixth birthday in November, my blog now bears a new title, Four Under Six.  Four Under Six doesn't sound nearly as daunting as the previous title, Four Under Five, but four kids under age six is my new reality.  Life truly is not as daunting with a six year old, a four and a half year old and two crazy two year olds.  But let me remind you that only two short years ago, I could have typed Four Under Three, and that would have been my reality!!!

Homeschooling my oldest, kindergarten age daughter this year has been a wonderful, completely life changing experience.  The most major changes? Well, as a family we wake up late, like 7:30 AM.  We eat every meal together.  The kids have become best friends and/or mortal enemies, depending on their blood sugar levels and amount of sleep.  

Here is what I wake up and see every morning
Since I have time, the kids' breakfasts have become more and more extravagant.  Fresh waffles or french toast or egg scrambles have become the norm, not just a weekend treat.  Some rushed mornings are still cereal and scrambled eggs.  Some mornings I quickly down a protein shake and maybe a handful of raspberries and we're out the door.   





Eat up!





The three girls: Emma is 6, Little G is 2 1/2 and Cubby is 4 1/2.  They are super tight homegirls.  I love how they play "house" together now and dress up and play dolls.  Here's a tiny update  on each one.

Emma attends her homeschool academy twice a week with her amazing/incredible/sweet/adorable teacher, Ms. P.  Emma just learned about the parts of the body and we took a hospital field trip.  Church activities, choir and art class round out her busy schedule.  

Little G is a complete and total ham.  She keeps us entertained with her adorable toddler speech and crazy dance moves.  She has become a very willing playmate with her big sisters and also enjoys playing with (otherwise known as taunting) her twin brother.  

Cubby is all about activity and action!  She gets up in the morning and the first thing out of her mouth is, "What are we doing today?"   She loves experiencing new places and meeting new people.  She loves hanging out at the grandmas' houses and completing art projects at home. She can run faster than any four year old on the planet, and is up for a race any old time!


And here is a little update on J.D.  Two-year-old brother J.D. has expanded his early focus from only tools to vehicles.  His tools are still #1 though.  If I need a tool, say a screwdriver or the measuring tape (which he freely and regularly steals out of my kitchen drawer), I ask him for it, and he knows exactly where it is, allows me to use it, then takes it back to his tool box for safe storage.  J.D. is now at the point where he can regularly go out to the ranch with Dad to "work" in the afternoon.  He even refers to himself as "Nano" which is "Armando" in James-ease.  He looks up to any and all field workers.  Give me a man with a shovel, I'll have provided another role model for my youngest son.  He is a working man!

So that's the update!  I so look forward to getting back into the swing of regular blogging.  We have a whole lot of fun over here and it's time to start sharing that once again! 

No comments: