Friday, June 11, 2010

Wrapping It Up

This has been one of the busiest, happiest, and most eventful weeks of my life with young children.  Wrapping up the school year has become a week that is packed solid with programs, graduations and the long-awaited recital!  And I only have two of my four kids enrolled in school!  I can only imagine when Danny and I will get to attend the dance recital, and watch as all three of our girls dance their way around the stage to beautiful music.  J.D. will probably be sitting beside his dad, banging on the bleachers with his play hammer, wearing a bored look on his face, but hey, at least three are in one program, right?!

We have so many events going on at the end of the year, that I literally send out an events email to all of our family members.  The events are listed chronologically, and the dates and times are highlighted so no one can feign confusion.  As if I would let that happen!  I also throw in a little mom/relative guilt, like, "We hope you can make it to at least one...," knowing that now they feel they have to attend most.  It's part of being a mom of four, I will do anything to show my kids' sweet on-stage skills off to the world! 

So it all started with Mrs. Green's Kiddie Pre-School End of the Year Program. 

Mrs. Green is retiring this year after many years as a beloved pre-school teacher.  She has a high, sing-song voice that the kids follow with a dazed look on their face.  And that dazed look is most definitely love and infatuation.  She is magical.  Here is Cubby receiving her "diploma" for graduating from her first year in pre-school. 




Look out, E, it's a wild, ferocious tiger!  Wild animals was the theme this year, and as you can see, the entire outfit had to fit the part. 




Mrs K. (see No Peas, Please) decorated Cubby's cape since I have zero time, and less skill in this department.  It is super snazzy! 




The guys called each other before the event.  "So, what are you wearing, Jim?"  They were very pleased with themselves.




My girls are experiencing absolute and utter fantastical bliss right now.  Are their faces shining with an inner light, or is it just me? 



Next came E's Kindergarten graduation.

Classic Kinder. Love it!




E walked away with a certificate and a classic photo of a five year old in a graduation cap and gown.  Those kinder teachers know how to bring every parent and grandparent to tears. 



Speaking of grandparents in tears, Grandma D was definitely hiding some behind those glasses.  When the kids all started singing/yelling "You're a Grand Old Flag" in unison while doing smart little hand motions, my eyes welled up too. 




Grandma S and Grandpa J gave their support, and fully enjoyed the program.




I was so thrilled to capture this shot of E with her grandpa.  This is the real deal, folks.



Next we attended E and Cubby's Ooh La La Dance Recital.

Lovely.




They've learned to pose like little dancers. 



Uncle C & Aunt C stopped by to give the girls some roses.  E immediately went over to the sink to start snipping the ends to place them in some water.  She arranged them beautifully.  Cubby walked around with her roses for a good while before giving them up to me to be watered. 



Cousin Ellie wasn't about to miss an opportunity to don a tutu!




I am awfully proud of this bun. 




Finally we attended Cubby's last performance, her second pre-school end of the year program. 

I love the contrast of their stoic faces with their bright, colorful outfits.  Are they 4 or what?




Some kids really got into the program. Shake it!




Ahhh.... there's a smile! 




And here's another classic Walker family photo.  Danny's eyes are closed.  E and Cubby are super happy.  G is distracted and about to make a run for it.  J.D. is making a run for it, but is being held back by his unperturbed big sis.  



Clearly, G had seen a more desirable location.  Next to Grandma D with a donut hole is pretty much her idea of heaven.  I have to admit, sometimes that's mine, too.


The girls learn the Cubby's pre-school promotion is pretty serious business from Grandma S! 




Punch + Donut Holes = HUGE SMILES!




And here are my lovely ladies.  This was Cubby's first official year in pre-school, and she couldn't have enjoyed herself more.  E finished up her year in kindergarten, and has become quite the young lady.  Time is ticking by quickly now, just like all of my fellow parents with older children tell me it will.  This week, however, I will look back and say that it was a busy time, but a time when I was really living, enjoying, and loving my life with four kids under five.

1 comment:

Ayron S. Moiola said...

I love the family picture. I didn't even notice E holding J, but when you said it I cracked up! Too funny! That was a great week full of celebration! Many more to come!