Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nine Pounds

I started up the weight-loss group again.  I say again, because I had a really successful weight-loss group back in February.  However, when my kitchen remodeling project kicked into high gear in mid-February, it became almost impossible to cook healthfully, much less host meetings in my mess of a house.  So after losing 10 pounds quickly during that initial attempt, I took the next few months off and gained the weight back (and then some, but don't tell anyone). 

I reconvened the weight-loss group a few weeks ago.  The group is made up of the most awesome women.  These women are hard-working women who are desperate to take off a few or thirty pounds.  Some have baby weight to shed, others have exercise plans to start, and still others have eating issues to deal with (well, actually, that would be all of us). 

We weigh in once a week, calculate the total body percentage of weight lost, and the winner gets cash.  Every week, each person contributes $2 toward the "booty," hopefully not their own booty.  I've also added little challenges along the way.  The first week, the challenge was to not eat sugary desserts for 7 days. That was super tough for me.  I almost passed out from a sugar low every afternoon.  Then I figured out I needed a little protein, and that always got me through that difficult time of day. 

It's so funny because before having all of these kids, I have never really had a problem with food.  I exercised, watched what I ate, and never really stressed about my weight or size.  It's all I do now!  Maybe having one child and gaining 40 pounds, then getting pregnant again and gaining another 40 pounds, and finally getting pregnant with twins and gaining 65 pounds all in the span of 3 years wasn't a super awesome plan.  That's because, apparently, it wasn't my plan.  And I am so blessed God had the reins, because if I had stopped for a moment to think about it, I would have probably missed out on having all these shiny faces around me. 

Anyway, long story short, I lost 9 pounds!  It's taken me three weeks, but I did it!  I feel great.  I feel like I am really going to do it this time.  Here's to my friends for keeping me on track, and to my family for supporting me like the Rocky champ that I yearn to be. 

No comments: