Saturday, May 22, 2010

Prima Ballerinas


Today was ballet picture day.  For me this is scary bun day, as in scary hair bun day.  I am notoriously horrible at buns, but they are required for the dance recital, so I figure picture day is a good practice session for me. 

After consulting several bun experts, I bought the hair gel, filled up the water bottle and brushed E's hair with a fine bristled brush until it was as smooth as, well, hair.  It turned out awesome, and although she looked a tad bit Asian in her photo since I pulled that sucker so tight, the bun stayed in place, and I was a happy mom.

Now there is no way Cubby's new haircut (see past blog) could be pulled into the required bun, so she wore a snazzy matching clippy.  And she was very happy, especially after watching the torture session that was getting E's hair slicked back and bunned. 

After rushing to the photo session (which was incredibly well-organized, way to go Ooh La La!), we came home to find Gracie in a pink tutu.  Apparently, she was not about to be left out!

This is what happened when I asked them to pose. 





Gracie is saying, "Am I doing this right? Yeah,  I thought so.  My big sisters are so cool."






Then I told them to strike any pose they wanted.  I love that when you give them complete free rein, they still have their sweet little smiles and innocent poses. 




Gracie tries to keep up, and is basically loving the opportunity to hang with her big sisters.





Then Daddy enters the scene, and performs a lift.  E is in heaven.  Have I mentioned already that E is already slowly easing into the role of primary daddy's girl?  I am watching this transition and sometimes feel pangs of pain, but then I realize that to be a daddy's girl is the best thing on earth.   And yes, I have some personal experience with that.




Then J.D. shows up and does his own pose.  Seriously. That's what he did when I asked the kids to pose.  Gotta love little boys.



I know, I know, I take a million pictures of my four little ones all together.   I can't help it.  I am a really proud mom and it's going to shine through . These prima ballerinas are going to strut their stuff in a few weeks at the big recital!  I can't wait!

1 comment:

Ayron S. Moiola said...

I got tears in my eyes when I saw the first picture! That was so cute and so sweet! And then there's Jamesie - nice! Great blog!