Thursday, March 18, 2010

Water Babies

This past week, my computer had a real attitude problem. It simply stopped uploading my pictures.

I tried every tactic under the sun, cajoling, comforting, begging, demanding; it didn't matter, the computer obviously doesn't care for the blog. So last night, it finally gave an inch and let me upload one picture at a time (I used to be able to do 5 at a time). Not great, but I'll take it.

So here's what I desperately wanted to blog, but wasn't able:

Last Wednesday was an absolutely gorgeous day. As soon as I got the babies fed and dressed, we all skipped outside to enjoy the weather. While Clara and the babies played, I puttered around in the yard, pulling weeds and watering plants. Almost as soon as I'd turned on the water, J.D. put down his rake and made a bee-line to the planter to watch the water spilling out of the hose. He watched it, mesmerized, for what seemed like an eternity, then picked it up, and stared. The kid was amazed! G noticed J.D.'s trance-like fascination with the hose, joined him next to it, and put her hands in the water.



Everyone is completely happy and harmonious here. And this doesn't change, mainly because no one attempts to take the hose from J.D. It's understood that he is in charge of the hose, and no one questions this. Even me.






Note the fascination and awe. Note the jelly on J.D.'s face.





"What happens if you put your finger in it?"





"It sprays a little bit, COOL!"




And this goes on for some time. J.D. is in charge of the water, G enjoys the water. Meanwhile, the babies are getting soaked. J.D. is not super steady with the hose, sometimes he "accidentally" gets G wet. It's a warm day, she doesn't mind. Well, she does a little, but not enough to cry.






In this shot, G is saying, "chee!" which is her way of saying, "cheese," and smiling for the camera.




"All this playtime with water made me really thirsty!"


"Aaaaahhhh!"




And the good times continued for a long time.



Brother and sister played together and mom got to sit in the patio chair for a while.


Then J.D. decided there was work to be done. Trees needed to be watered.
Cars needed to be washed.
Sisters needed to be reminded who was in charge of the hose.
Hey, she's cool with it! And really wet.
So G and I chatted and had some quality girl time. Then, realizing how wet and possibly cold she was, I stripped her down to her undies.
She wanted to squeeze some yoga into her day.
I love this profile.


Sweet little munchkin.



Poor J.D. had been left alone with the hose, which really isn't as fun as playing with someone. So Cubby happily obliged and played along.
This can't be good.
He LOVED this ! I don't know if I've ever heard him laugh this hard.
This can go in his baby book. "J.D. was introduced to spitting by his sister and he was never the same....."



Such a boy! Such a great afternoon! After this, the kids ended up running around the yard in the nude, playing, laughing, and enjoying the beautiful day with their family.

No comments: