Thursday, March 4, 2010

One Month Down...

Today marked a pretty big milestone in the process of this kitchen remodel. We are one month down.

The contractors ripped open the ceiling today, hoisted two huge beams up, screwed them into the rafters, and now the wall between the living room and kitchen is gone.

I included some pics to show how far we've come.


Oh my.
I'm glad this will someday be only a distant memory. What a mess.
My only excuse is that we were in the process of moving out of the kitchen at this point, which explains the junk everywhere.





Our old view to the street.







This is our old fridge.
This wall and laundry room that exists behind the door there, is completely gone! Yeah!





These cabinets and this entire wall is totally 100% gone!






Here's our old kitchen nook. Check out the sweet wallpaper that is stained with baby food and who knows what!



And.....
here's the kitchen today!


See the wood there holding up the roof? The beams went in today and now the supports are gone.
Check it out...
Here's the new room!
I am standing in the corner, near the fireplace, looking toward the kitchen.
I am soooooooo excited!







No comments: