Monday, March 15, 2010

A Little Extra Daylight

One more hour of daylight in the afternoons is pretty great. For a family with four little kids who don't have a kitchen, living room, or garage, the extra hour of light which allows for more outside play is a lifesaver.

This is how we chose to spend our extra hour. And by "we" I mean, E, Cubby, G, J.D. cousin Ell and Auntie A.

First we have to have a baby style mini-smackdown over the Cozy Coupe. So many smackdowns have gone down due to that stinkin' Cozy Coupe!!!

Cousin Ell had it first, fair and square. G, who doesn't believe anything is fair and square, struts over to take the wheel.



"Would you please step out of the vehicle, ma'am?"


"That's right, nice and slow." Yes, that's a little friendly cousin bun patting.




Then G swoops in with a fake hug, and takes over the Coupe. Cousin Ell doesn't even realize she's being totally used. She happily accepts the fake hug and moves on.



Told ya!
By the way, it is impossible for me to get a picture of Ell without a huge grin on her face. I tried over and over today, but she knows that the camera is meant for taking only the cutest shots. She is camera ready all the time! Got it?!
Back to the Coupe. Unfortunately, big ol' Cubby wants to go for a ride too, so this doesn't end well. I didn't take pictures, it was too painful.
Meanwhile J.D. is busy working on the grass.




Yes, he's trying to rake the dog. I lost my dog brush, so we thought we'd give it a shot!


Then he attempts to tame a wild Mustang we found in the backyard.
"Oh no, I forgot my haircut appointment....it was three weeks ago!"





Darn! Still smiling.
Only the coolest husbands pick up dog poop.



Unlike Cousin Ell, G doesn't think about the camera at all. It is just part of her daily life. She is instead extremely upset about somebody else riding the Mustang. Hmmmm...... I wonder why Ell is so into big smiles for the camera all the time? Wierd!



"Get me off this crazy train!"
Then we watched a good old Barney episode. Danny and I cringed while the four kids sang and clapped along.

Happy babies!
My four little angels. Whoa! Who's belly showed up to the party? Switching to daylight savings isn't so bad.

No comments: