Thursday, February 4, 2010

And So It Continues - Our Kitchen Remodel Day 2

When I left the house this morning to take E to school, the house was shaking. I mean, my cheeks were jiggling shaking. The jack hammer was finishing off the remaining piece of concrete. I don't know if I've ever seen J.D. so happy in the morning. He was walking around like it was the coolest darn thing to have a shaky floor. G wouldn't let me put her down, and the other two girls would've preferred that spot too if I'd had two more appendages, but alas, G and my purse take up all the allotted space.

So here's the addition after day two. These amazing guys loaded up the remaining concrete, removed part of the exterior wall, shoveled a perfect rectangle, boarded it up, and called it a day.


Woo Hoo!!





Lookin' good, dirt!


Yucky exposed wall. Doesn't matter, you're still awesome!



I've got to be a little more careful now when I step outside to dump the trash. Whhhooooooaaaaaaaaa!




Nice digging, guys! Almost ready for concrete, yippeeee!
While the twins slept and the girls partied hard at a playdate (yes, a dear friend took BOTH of the big girls to her house for a playdate) I decided to start cleaning out the kitchen cupboards. I figure I'd do one a day, so I started with the least used cupboard, which is the one where I store my linens.
Ok, I love linens. When we first got married, I had a thing for April Cornell breakfast squares. I bought one of those beautiful little brightly-colored, floral squares every time I'd see a display. I bought the matching napkins, and yes, once I bought the matching napkin rings. It was a little much. I also love Williams-Sonoma linens. A lot. So I sorted through the mish-mash of linens, and found, to my shock and dismay, that very few items had a sufficient number of napkins to match, or the cloths will no longer fit my new table, or the cloth is really not my style. Whatever, I had a huge giveaway pile.
See the giveaway pile? It's to the right, with the dark green Christmas cloth on top. See what I mean about mish-mash?





I love Christmas cloths, but some of these had to go. Not the April Cornell breakfast square! I'm not insane!




Here's the beautiful, empty cabinet, ready to be hauled away.







And here's my lovely storage container full of my linen collection. Pretty nifty, don't ya think?



No comments: