Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Picture Perfect Evening for Play

What a beautiful Imperial Valley evening tonight! The kids were itching to run around, scream, and dig in the dirt, so my new (wonderful, heaven-sent) babysitter, Rocio, and I said the magic words that the 18 month olds already understand, "Want to go outside?" We couldn't put jackets on fast enough. These kids are outdoorsy kids. They are happiest out there running amok. Is that really how you spell that? Hope so.


E is happy in her clubhouse/girls only getaway.




Nothing is more fun than a red slide and a sister who's missed you all day.



Cubby is a Supremes fan. Stop! In the name of love!

J.D. loves to throw a ball around, volleyball, soccerball, football, it really doesn't matter what kind of ball. Future quarterback...hmm.....

G is hangin' out with her buddy, our scruffy, much neglected dog, Button.


Did I mention how much J.D. loves balls? Well, tools are actually at the VERY top of his list. All of a sudden, after his glee over finding the football, J.D. saw something he liked just a little better, and he thought wait a minute....

I'm a shovel guy!

I love being a shovel guy!

And that's the last time I saw him,


and G was left with the lonely football.



The three girls managed to entertain themselves in other ways.

How did I get to be so lucky? These kids bring such joy.

No comments: