Monday, November 14, 2011

Parade Day!!

On Saturday morning, Danny and I walked the kids down to Main Street Brawley to watch the event that is the epitome of rural Americana, the Cattle Call Parade.  We sat on hay bales, up high on a trailer bed provided by our lovely friends, the Osterkamps (friend shout-out....hi there!).  Anyway.  Here we are perched atop the trailer, with the most perfect view of this classic parade:

It was a bit chilly, but that wasn't going to hold us back from enjoying the sights.


And now I am going to give you the reader, a little quiz. I am going to show you a picture, and I'd like for you to guess which person in my family chose this as their favorite parade entry.  Good luck!

Yup, not too tough, this was Danny's favorite.  He could have watched that tractor for hours. 



Cubby-wubby.  My little horse-lover can't get enough of horses, God love her!



Gigi loved the giant bee atop the Westmorland fire truck.  "Buzz buzz!" she shouted when she saw it!




Aunt Ayron loved the ever classic uniforms of the Holtville Viking band.  And they still play the same song from when we were in high school.  And that was a looooonng time ago, people!




Gigi and mommy kickin' it in a cowboy hat at the parade.  I'm loving how that hat covers up my dark roots!  



Man, my handsome is so darn hot with that beard.  Love you, honey!




Ellie loved getting the best view in the house up on her daddy's shoulders. 



Danny and my sweet cowgirl, Emma.




Here's the last photo I took before  we took off for home.  The kiddos got too cold, and we had to head for the hills.  So long Cattle Call parade, we look forward to another fantastic show in 2012!

No comments: