Friday, November 11, 2011

My Little Cowgirls on Stage!

As I described in my last blog, Cattle Call week is a big deal around here.  We had a blast at the mini-rodeo, and that very night, the girls got all dolled up again for Cowboy Poetry.  Cowboy Poetry is an annual event that beckons to all local folks to wax poetic and read or recite their favorite western themed poems in front of the happy crowd at Stockmen's Club.  

A couple of years ago, the girls and Danny began to perform a song at Cowboy poetry.  At just 3 and 4 years old, Cubby and Emma learned "Home on The Range," donned their pink cowboy boots and western duds, and sang their hearts out in front of an extremely gracious crowd.  The cheers were amazing!  The girls had caught the fever for performing.  Since they've performed in front of people from such a young age, they have no problem singing right into the microphone, it's amazing! Last year they sang "Yippee-ti yay-yo," or something like that.  I don't know exactly how to type out made-up cowboy words.  The response was great!!   I know, I know, I am an awfully proud mama.  Can't you just see me with my feathers all fluffed up?  I can't help myself.  

Anyway, this year, Danny had planned on teaching them another cowboy themed song.  Unfortunately, his pneumonia knocked him out for so long, that he didn't have time to teach the girls a song, plus practice in the time left.  So since he'd already worked so hard on teaching the girls "Keep On the Sunny Side" for Western Round-Up, they gave a repeat performance at this year's Cattle Call Cowboy Poetry.  It was another smashing success.....which resulted in the girls' first front page photograph!   Check out their photo by following the link: Imperial Valley Press Cowboy Poetry Photo Gallery

Now, although my pictures are not as fancy or professional, I snapped a few fun ones, and be sure to check out the girls' performance!

Gigi had a hard time waiting for the girls to perform.  Next year, Gigi won't be on the sidelines...she'll be up on stage alongside her big sisters.  J.D. will be up there too, we hope...even if it is just to stand by Grandpa Jim and strum along on his banjo.


Yay!!  Keep on the sunny side, y'all!



After the performance, everyone felt free to let loose a little.  Uncle Christ is happy to oblige and get the kids laughing!



J.D. is like, "Yeah, this is all cute and very funny, but give me my banjo back, buddy."




Woo-hoo!  The awesome band in the flesh!  We are so proud of you!  




Gigi was happy, too. But then again, she's always happy with Grandma D.  



And here I am with the girls.  What a great night.  Good job, cowgirls!

No comments: