Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Slip 'n Slide

Again, no pictures will be posted on today's blog, since my subjects all happen to be nude at the moment.  And posting pictures of them would be highly inappropriate.  I tell myself this over and over, and yet I am still tempted to post just one little nude buns picture.  I know, I know, it's wrong, I won't.

Let me set the scene:

My four kids are all nude.  They are running, no hurtling, towards the new $5 WalMart special Slip 'N Slide Danny bought today.  They are taking turns, but it is clear to all that somebody could get hurt at any moment.  The two year old babies have become quite unexpectedly good at the whole Slip 'N Slide action.  They run and slide all the way to the end.  That is the goal you know, sliding all the way to the end.  Sliding to the end is a cause for great celebration.

I, however, am not outside. I am sitting in my beautiful kitchen.  I am enjoying a warm bowl of vegetable beef stew, munching a piece of whole grain toast, and marveling at how good it feels to have a moment of peace during the day time.  Is a $5 Slip 'N Slide the cost of a moment's peace?   I'll take ten.

No comments: