Friday, July 2, 2010

Ring Around the New Rug!

We put in a whole lot of tile during this kitchen remodel.  All of the floors that used to be carpet are now tile.  That results in quite a bit more noise, aching foot arches (mine), and banged up knees and heads (the twins).  

So, I picked out some carpet and had a rug bound.  Danny picked it up today, we laid it out, and I was shocked to see how happy it made the kids.  Apparently, they really missed the carpet.


First, the kids gave hugs all around.






Lots of love.  Lots of hugs.






Then they did the crazy dance and ran in circles.






The circles led to an impromptu game of Ring Around the Rosies,







It went quite well.







Yep, all of my kids were happy, smiling, people at the same time, with each other!!







I was so shocked and excited, I couldn't stop taking pictures.







Then the game turned to the part, "Ashes, ashes, they all fall down..."







And fall down they did.

















And then, since J.D. knows a dogpile when he sees one, he totally went for it.  However, he can only truly take advantage of his fellow twin, so he took her down.





She was not thrilled.





But in the end it was ok.  I realized that it has been a long time since I've seen them rolling around on the carpet.  Maybe I need to get a few more rugs around the house!


No comments: