Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Top Ten

This Easter was a major landmark event for my family. We were able to stay at my mom's for lunch and enjoy the festivities for the duration. We were not forced to leave by someone throwing a tantrum, getting over-tired, having a meltdown, becoming sick, or giving us (or the grandparents, gasp!) attitude.

The kids are growing up, and I foresee many more holidays such as this one.

This year, since the girls are able to understand so much more, Danny and I have shifted the focus from egg hunts and bunny rabbits to Jesus' death and resurrection. We take turns reading Bible stories to the girls at night. They've had many questions about Jesus and how His life connects with their lives. Huggy has been especially inquisitive. She asked Jesus into her heart only months ago, and has since taken natural steps to learn more and understand deeper. It's amazing what kids can understand and crave to know at such a young age! She asked me the other day, "Who made God?" And after that, "Where was God when Jesus was on earth?" She then pointed out how lucky the people in the Bible were because they got to see and listen to Jesus when he was here. She actually got a little upset and said, "I want to see him right now!" It was awesome.

This morning we attended the 8:00 AM service at church, and while it was tough to get everybody out the door on time, it was such a wonderful, enriching, powerful service. I am so glad we did!

Then we went over to mom's for lunch and the egg hunt. What follows are my top 10 photos from this extravaganza.

#10
I mean really, what's cuter than a sweet little girl on a red trike? Especially one who says "chee!" when she sees the lens cap come off my camera.
#9
I love this photo because my mom took it, and it turned out so cool. She was upset because it wasn't centered, but I actually think it looks even better off-center like this. Plus, my big girls look adorable, just look at Huggy's pose. And check out Cubby's big ol' pink flower!
#8
I love dad shots with their little girls. Period.
#7
I love big sister/little brother shots. Especially pics that they don't now I'm taking.
#6
Bubbles make kids very happy. So happy, that spontaneous dancing can occur.
#5
Does this need an explanation? Ok, the men in my life have various animal masks on, and are trying to maintain their cool and take an egg and spoon race totally seriously. Dad is a pink bunny, John is a pink-faced lamb, and Danny is a chick. Guys, God bless you. I needed a good laugh like that.
#4
And here's yet another man in my life who checked his pride at the door, donned an animal mask, and raced a fierce egg and spoon race. This shot is evidence of his wily ways, because yes, he is holding back his 5 year old niece. It's evidence, and that's all I'm going to say.
#3
Who can resist cute babies planting kisses on each other? Not me.




#2
This is my family. And those are all real smiles. Love that.




#1
Huggy was so moved by today's service at church that she drew this awesome picture of Jesus standing beside the cross. Hands down this is my most treasured photo of the day.

No comments: