Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday Nights....Here We Come!

Last spring I took on a little job at my church. I became the director of children's ministries.  It was an awesome opportunity, and I took it with excitement and gusto, but in my flurry of charisma, I must have forgotten that I had four young children and a wonderful husband who needed me at home.  So after manning the post through the massive production which is Vacation Bible School in June of this year, I took a two month summer leave.  

I returned and after much prayer and concern, decided to scale down my position to director of the Wednesday night children's program.  Now this, I can handle.  I ran the Wednesday night program last spring, and had the most awesome team and co-leader a girl could ever imagine.  

This summer, the recruitment began early, and praise the Lord, many of my old team members returned to continue their hard work with children's ministry.  Wednesday nights have a wonderful, hard-working, smiling group of kid-loving teachers and leaders that make children's ministry an absolute joy.    



The theme for our year is the Fruit of the Spirit, and we are using a curriculum through Discipleland called My Jungle Adventure.  All of the staff get to wear these great red t-shirts with the fruit of the spirit listed on the front, and the back says, "I am blessed to serve in children's ministry at First Christian Church." I love that!  

Tonight was our first night back, and since we had a low amount of pre-registered kids, I figured we would have low numbers for the night.  Boy, was I wrong!  Over fifty kids showed up, and a few teachers were sweet enough to be shuffled around to make the classes a reasonable size.  What a wonderful blessing it was to have a few too many kids!  I can't imagine a better problem!!  

Here is my awesome pre-school crew, Miss Ayron, Miss Kim, and Miss Pat with a handful of their little munchkins.  Can you spot three little Walkers in this picture?


And here I am with a few more of the amazing Wednesday night staff.  I love and appreciate you so much ladies!!  What a blessing it is to have so many people with hearts turned fully toward God, who have chosen to spend their time serving, teaching, and loving one of God's most precious creations, children.

No comments: