Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Best Chocolate Pie. Ever.

A couple of years ago, Danny and I were in a supper club.  One couple per month would cook and host dinner, complete with appetizers, the main course, and of course, dessert.  The first couple to volunteer to host basically pulled out all the stops with a decadent, delicious meal.  Every course was prepared to perfection, while beautifully served.  The woman made flavored butter, and shaped it into little seashells, people!  Anyway, the entire meal experience was amazing, my mouth is watering with the memories.  As the meal began, all of the women started sweating with nervousness, just imagining how on earth they would ever try to top this Food Network display.  However, in the end, we decided to just crown her the queen of cooking and not stress.  By the end of the meal, Danny finally busted out with, "This is for sure the best meal I've ever had!"  Which made me feel...awesome.  

Which leads me to the best chocolate pie in the history of the world. This amazing hostess not only prepared melt in your mouth appetizers and a fabulous main course, but her dessert would be the crowning glory.  By the time dessert rolled around at the supper club, I remember thinking, sure it's been great up to this point, but the dessert can't be that great.  Yeah right.  Out comes a still warm slice of chocolate fudge pie alongside a scoop of (my favorite flavor!!) coffee ice cream.  One bite, and I died and went to heaven...then quickly returned and finished the pie.  It.  Was.  Amazing.

So, I thought I would bestow this pie onto my unsuspecting relatives at Easter lunch.  It had the same effect.  And I hadn't even added the ice cream.  My husband had two pieces!  And if any of you know my husband, you'll know how crazy that is.  By the end of the lunch, about a quarter of the pie remained.  I went to my moms the next day to grab a slice, and it was gone.  It had vanished.  My mom was perplexed.  I wasn't.  

So here it is, in all it's chocolatey glory:


And more importantly, here's the link, so you can make one yourself!  Enjoy!

No comments: