Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Anniversary Art

Eight years ago Danny and I were married on this day.  I'm not going to go on and on about our romantic, amazing, wonderful wedding, since I did that last year on this blog.  To see the whole anniversary story from the seven year perspective go to Our 7 Year Anniversary.  

The highlight of the day was Emma's presentation of a drawing of me and Danny on our wedding day.  It was so cute that we framed it and hung it up.


She as awfully proud of her drawing, and Danny and I both loved it too.




A few details are worth pointing out.  First, you've got to love a white wedding gown, covered in pink hearts, with a yellow and red trimmed hem for me, the blushing bride.  And next, we got a kick out of Danny's tuxedo, complete with red and white striped pants, red and white block striped shirt and black sleeves.  Note the red mark on Danny's stick figure lips.  I kissed him, you see.  Also, note Danny's teenie, tiny shoes.  Apparently Emma needs to take a closer look at her dad's gigantic size 13 work boots sitting by the door.  All funny business aside, this is a portrait I will forever treasure.  To many more years, and hopefully many more portraits, together, honey!  Happy Anniversary to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to dig those pants out of the closet. Ones like that really never go out of style.