Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day - A Weeklong Love Fest!

When one has small children, Valentine's Day explodes from a single day of card giving to a weeklong celebration.    Party attending, cookie decorating, card giving, cupcake eating and sugar high induced tantruming (another made-up verb....sorry!) became our roller coaster ride of Valentine's Day.  

Our celebrating actually began two weeks ago as the girls began making crafts and creating homemade cards. Making homemade cards with the two big girls has to be my favorite part of this holiday.  The girls can spend hours coloring and putting stickers on cards, and then finish them off with a flowery "I love you."  

This year the girls were invited to a Father-Daughter tea party.  The tea party included grandpas as well. So both grandpas cancelled any and all plans in order to be present at this very important occasion.  


It was a parade of pink when the Walker girls showed up.  That's one proud Daddy and an equally proud Grandpa!



Poor little J.D. still in pajamas (as was I) is none too thrilled to be left at home with mom.  I tried explaining how he really wouldn't like the tea party, but that's hard for a two-year-old to understand especially as he watches two of his male heroes driving away.  My mom and I took him to the lineman rodeo down at the arena, and it was there that I earned his confidence that mom can indeed be cool....sort of.  




This has nothing to do with Valentine's Day, so yes, I am just sticking this photo in because it is hilarious!  Gotta love uncles, right?!   This dress-up session made the girls SO happy!!!




Another Valentine's tradition has been born in our house this year.  The four kids jumped aboard Danny's back roller and pretended it was a boat.  They sang "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," throughout the house on their "log boat."   




It is so thrilling to me how many more activities they do as an entire crew of four.  They have only recently learned to really play together.  This was one of those great moments, when as a parent, I could see into the future a hope that my four kids are the type of siblings who are best friends. 




And always the furry dog is along for company.




And finally, the happy couple whisked away in a magical, golden mini-van to enjoy a romantic dinner out on the town!  Have I mentioned how much I love my husband?  He gets more wonderful as the years go by.  Isn't that how it's supposed to be?  I love that my marriage is one of those wonders that can only come from God's blessing.  I love you, honey!
P.S. Hip Hip Hooray for our wonderful babysitter!  

No comments: